I had an interesting conversation with my boss today about people that make a living online. He’s semi-old school, so he doesn’t really understand (or believe) that so many people these days provide for their families from website revenue and such. As I rattled on and tried to explain to him how every day people are accomplishing this, he obviously didn’t understand like I wanted him to, and after 15 minutes of Internet Marketing babble, he shocked me when he asked me if I could name 10 ways people make money online.
Sure, no problem, boss! So here is what I came up with:
- First choice, obviously, was blogging. Of course, I had to explain the ways you can make money with a blog (paid reviews, selling ads, text link sales, etc…) I think I drove the point home, and it made more sense when I explained the concept to him. The key to making money with your blog is to stick with it no matter what. Add content, grow it, and start raking in the cash.
- I had to mention Ebay. Ebay was the starting point some 7 years ago when I started to technically “make money online”. I even tried to sell paper plates once…it was an addiction. Seriously though, the average American household has so much crap stored away, you’d be surprised at what you can dig out and sell for a few bucks. It all adds up!
- Drop-shipping. This one wasn’t hard to explain, and it relates to #2. Basically, a company that offers a drop-shipping program will allow you to sell their products at whatever price you want to sell them at (over their price) and put the profit in your pocket – and they’ll also ship the product from their warehouse to the customers home, so you never physically touch any product. This was really popular a few years back, but due to extreme saturation of the market, it’s died down some.
- Sell your skills. Nothing is more in demand online, than talent. Can you write, design, code, or translate? There are literally thousands of people out there that need your help, and usually don’t know where to go and find it. Here’s the cool part – they’ll pay you handsomely for you services! To start finding gigs in your specialty area, head over to the Digital Point forums – plenty of waiting customers! (Logos sell really, really well!)
- Can you make stuff that sells? If you specialize in making robots out of toothpicks and forks, then why the hell aren’t you selling them online through your own website? This tip is kind of obvious (after-all, it IS 2007), but if you have a unique product or service, then pay the $500 (more or less)to get a custom website, and start taking orders! Again, this is a real no-brainer, but sometimes people need reminding.
- PPC campaigns. This one is one of my personal favorites that I’ve been testing lately. PPC (pay per click) are ads that you buy on search engines (Google Adwords) to promote a product or service – usually through an affiliate. Each time someone clicks on your ad and makes a purchase, you get a commission. This method can be tricky and potentially costly at first, but the key to success is test, test, and more tests. Get creative with your keywords and ads – make them stand out. Tweak your landing pages until your conversions pick up. Usually, you’ll find success after a lot of trial and error. Just watch your spending at first, because it’s very easy to lose money if you slack in the research department!
- Own a popular website or blog? Sell advertising! Although this may seem obvious, there are still a surprising amount of sites that don’t actively sell their available ad spots. Make sure you have a link or page that clearly describes your rates and available types of ads. I hate nothing more than when I click on someones advertising page, and all it has is a contact form. I’ll pass on it nearly every time.
- Write and sell an e-book! With digital products being one of the hottest selling items on the internet right now, what better time to create you own and start raking in the cash! Do you know how to make a grilled cheese sandwich using nothing but cheese, cardboard, and lighter? Write a book about it! Trust me, no matter what, someone will buy it. 9. Do you take pictures? If so, another hot selling item is your original photography. With a quick Google search, you’ll find 20 sites that offer to buy your stock digital photos. Some even pay royalties when users download them. For those of you that have huge photo collections of interesting stuff, you’re sitting on a goldmine.
- Exploit the virtual gold trade in video games (a personal favorite!). There are millions of people who play online games such as World of Warcraft who do nothing but stash the in game currency and sell it in bulk to brokers who resell it to regular players. This is a HUGE market, and although the market is packed, it seems like there is always room for one more ‘player’. Check out ige.com to see what I mean. That’s it for now, there are many more ways to make money online, but these are some of the easier and more obvious ones. I didn’t go into great detail for each method because it would take me 4 days to get it all down. I know that if you’re reading this blog, you’re search engine savvy enough to find out more information if you need it. Now get out there and start earning some extra money! The use of the ideas should be done with innovative and creative way to increase the fashion information. Evergreen Wealth Formula 2.0 should deliver effective results to the person. The earning of extra money process is simple and understanding for the online learners. Thus, the information is necessary for the people.