Freestanding or Built-In-Which Fireplace Should You Choose?
It can be really difficult to choose between freestanding fireplaces and a built-in fireplace because it all depends on the theme of interior design and personal preferences.
Start from aesthetics to the warmth it offers, and whether it is cost-effective or not, there are numerous factors you need to consider.
Each of these types of fireplaces has its pros and cons. However, in the long term, the built in fireplace offers many advantages as follows
- With built-in fireplaces, the maintenance is considerably lowered. Maintenance of built-in fireplaces isn’t very time-consuming or hectic, and it doesn’t interfere with your décor as well.
- If you have children and pets in your house, the built-in fireplaces are much safer than the freestanding ones. They remain in one place and are out of the reach of infants and children through a separation grill that can be easily placed around it.
- The built-in fireplace is relatively more safer in terms of the environment as well because the gases like carbon monoxide it emits don’t get circulated in the air and is vented out mostly when installed correctly. Make sure to use the right fuel to light the fire.
- Even though built-in fireplaces cost more upfront, they are more economical in the long term.
- A built-in fireplace gives a traditional and vintage look to space and makes it more appealing.
These are the few reasons that make the decision of what to choose between freestanding fireplaces and built-in fireplace much easier.